Purpose: The Ball State Local Community Partner Award recognizes a business, community organization, or agency in Muncie/Delaware County that has demonstrated excellence in their contributions as a community partner with Ball State University. One award of $500 will be given at a reception to be held in connection with the Ball State University Immersive Learning Awards on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 from 5:00 - 6:30 pm.
Nomination Requirements: The nominee must be a business, agency, or organization in Muncie/Delaware County which partnered with Ball State faculty, staff, and/or students between August 1, 2017 – July 31, 2018 as part of one of the following community-based learning experiences:
- Service or immersive learning
- Community-based research
- Internship and/or practicum
Nominations may be made by Ball State faculty and staff only.
Nominations are due no later than 5:00 pm on November 16, 2018.
Nominators will be asked to submit an abstract of the project for use in publication at the awards reception.
The application can be saved and returned by using the save button at the bottom of the application.
- Describe the community-based learning experience (as defined in the award purpose statement) that the organization supported during Fall 2017, Spring 2018, and/or Summer 2018. (400 word limit)
- In what ways did the organization provide technical, material, or organizational support to enhance student learning? (400 word limit)
- In what ways did the organization participate in establishing mutually-beneficial goals for the community-based learning experience? (400 word limit)
- In what ways did the organization serve as co-educators? (400 word limit)
- What was the outcome or product of the community-based learning experience? (400 word limit)
- What did Ball State students gain from their experiences working with the community organization? (400 word limit)
- Is there anything else you would like to add that would help the selection committee make its decision? (400 word limit)